Just thought to update you all with the recent major mergers & equity buyouts happened in
There were around 320 M&A deals in the first half of 2006 of total worth USD 25.6 bln. 76/320 were cross border deals of worth USD 5.2 bln.
– Tata tea the worlds No 2 branded tea company (acquired Tetly, UK tea brand recently) is
buying a stake of 30% in Energy Brands Inc, maker of Glacueau vitamin water in US. This is the largest-ever foreign equity investment by an Indian company.The only doubt for investors is how can Tata manage this business when it doesnt have any related experience even domestically..
– Dr. Reddy’s bought Germany’s “betapharm” from British equity firm 3i.
– Suzlon acquired Belgium based Hansen Transmission.
– US oil major Chevron acquired 5% stake in Reliance petroleum
– Ranbaxy acquires 96.7% of Terapia from Advent International for US $324m
– Tata Coffee has bought the US-based Eight O’Clock Company (EOC) for $220 million.
– Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore is to pay $445 million to acquire a 33.76% stake in Sinvest, a
Norwegian drilling company.
– Subex Systems Limited, the Bangalore based global telecom software product company, acquired Azure Solutions Limited, a telecom revenue-assurance company.
– Desperate attempts by UB group to enter the world wine market by buying Taittinger..
– The other big news is the failure of Jet-Sahara deal…
Note:- Guys you can ofcoz get this news by googling, but here my intension is to list down the most popular recent deals.
Hope this info adds value to your IQ..